The inaugural edition of The Flying Futon! A place for casual conversations with cool people. It’s like those comfy couches that all the Late Night hosts use when they interview their guests. Except it’s a futon. And it flies.
Just in time for the new year, @regtiangha chats with Alex S. Kelly about Goal Setting. What it is, why it’s important, how we can learn to set reasonable goals when it comes to those New Year’s Resolutions and what happens if we meet those goals (or not!).
Alex S. Kelly is a Prosci-certified business and communications coach helping clients simplify their strategy and tell their story. Her superpowers include helping individuals, small businesses and major projects set meaningful, measurable goals tied to business objectives and core values. She speaks user, geek, and executive VP. Connect with her online on Twitter at @ASKdesignCSI.
Recorded on Tuesday, December 31, 2013.
- 00:00.000 â€“ Intro
- 00:32.375 â€“ Welcome to the Flying Futon!
- 01:06.500 â€“ Goal Setting: What is it and Why is it Important?
- 03:19.500 â€“ How do we get started?
- 05:56.000 â€“ The S.M.A.R.T. Goal Setting Model
- 11:25.000 â€“ The 3 T’s of Execution
- 13:15.000 â€“ What are reasonable goals?
- 17:09.000 â€“ Goal Tracking
- 19:40.000 â€“ Rewards and incentives as motivators
- 22:31.500 â€“ Negative consequences as missed opportunities
- 23:54.000 â€“ Goal setting in group situations
- 25:49.000 â€“ JFDI: Just Do It!
- 27:16.500 â€“ Recommended Reading
- 29:23.000 â€“ Closing Remarks
- The Flying Futon â€“ Episode 001: Goal Setting with Alex S. Kelly (64kbps AAC, 15.1 MB)