This week features a mix of Oldtimers hockey along with autos and trucks and ways to improve your health.
Details on that and more here:
- Oldtimers Hockey Challenge: Â The Oldtimer’s Hockey Challenge is designed to give fans and players alike an opportunity to celebrate a common joy of the game, while at the same time giving much needed funds to worth organizations. Â Featuring the Calgary Police Association hockey team as they take on Legendary Hockey Heroes, a portion of the proceeds from each ticket sold will go to supporting under privileged children in Calgary. Â Tuesday, March 22 at 7 p.m. in the Scotiabank Saddledome. Â Tickets available through Ticketmaster.
- NHL Hockey: Â The Calgary Flames play twice this week at the Saddledome. Â First, they take on the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, March 13 at 7:30 p.m. followed by the Phoenix Coyotes on Thursday, March 15 at 7 p.m. Â Tickets for both games are available through Ticketmaster.
- Calgary International Auto and Truck Show: Â Presented by the Calgary Motor Dealers’ Association, the 32nd annual Calgary International Auto & Truck Show is the premiere event for auto enthusiasts to get up close and personal with the newest daily drivers and the hottest exotics. Â Featuring the latest in automotive technology, true car buffs will find some of the fastest, revolutionary and most expensive automobiles in the world. Â March 14 – 18 in the BMO Centre. Â Tickets available at the door or online.
- WHL Hockey: Â The Calgary Hitmen also play twice this week at the Saddledome. Â First, they take on the Lethbridge Hurricanes on Wednesday, March 14, followed by the the Kootenay Ice on Saturday, March 17. Â Both games start a 7 p.m. and tickets for both are available through Ticketmaster.
- Lady Antebellum – Own the Night 2012 World Tour: Â Country pop music group Lady Antebellum is on tour promoting their latest album Own the Night and they’re coming to Calgary! Â Check them out along with special guests Darius Rucker and Thompson Square on Friday, March 16 at 7 p.m. at the Saddledome. Â Tickets for the show are available through Ticketmaster.
- Calgary Health Show: Â The Calgary Health Show provides new, reliable and practical diet, supplement, exercise and lifestyle tips that promote healthier living. Â Featuring a daily roster of inspiring seminars with Canada’s leading health experts, an abundance of tasty food, cutting-edge health products, services and fitness techniques. Â March 17 and 18 in the Big Four Building, Hall A. Â Tickets available at the door.
Did you know that 2012 is theÂ Calgary Stampede’s centennial? Â There will be festivities and other celebrations happening all over the place throughout the year to help celebrate 100 years of the Calgary Stampede, so make sure to sign up to become aÂ Stampede Insider for first-access to exclusive news, contests and other insider information, and be sure to keep an eye on our official Twitter account atÂ @calgarystampede and ourÂ official Facebook fan page for giveaways, special announcements, and more! Finally, make sure to visitÂ our website and continue to tune into the officialÂ Stampede Blog to learn more about all of the things happening here on Park and beyond!