Hockey, lacrosse, speedball and high-flying luchadores highlight the week ahead at Stampede Park.
Details on that and more here:
- NHL Hockey: The Calgary Flames take on the San Jose Sharks at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday, January 24. Puck drop is set for 7 p.m. and tickets for the game are available through Ticketmaster.
- WHL Hockey: Meanwhile, the Calgary Hitmen play thrice this week at the Saddledome. First, they take on the Brandon Wheat Kings on Wednesday, January 25, followed by the Vancouver Giants on Friday, January 27 with both games starting at 7 p.m. The Hitmen finish off the week with the Tri-City Americans on Sunday, January 29 at 4 p.m. Tickets for all three games are available through Ticketmaster.
- Heroes Hockey Challenge: A fundraiser for soldiers, veterans and their families, come watch as Calgary Flames Alumni take on members of the Canadian Forces clad in specially designed “desert cam” based hockey jerseys on the ice in an old-fashioned hockey game. It all starts Thursday, January 26 at 7 p.m. in the Scotiabank Saddledome. Tickets for this special game are available through Ticketmaster.
- Calgary R.V. Expo & Sale: The 43rd annual Calgary RV Expo & Sale will feature many RV dealerships from the Calgary area where you can learn about at all the latest models and more about the RV lifestyle. January 26 – 29 in the BMO Centre, Halls A, B, C, D and E. Tickets will be available at the door and advance tickets are available online.
- Canadian National Speedball Championships: The 20th annual Canadian National Speedball Championships will be taking place this week as teams vie for over $25,000 in prizes. Featuring the X-Division All-Star Game on January 27 at 7 p.m. and the largest paintball tradeshow of the year, this exciting event is free for spectators and open to the public. January 27 – 29 in the lower level of the Agriculture Building.
- Lucha VaVoom: It’s Sexo Y Violencia as luchadores take over Stampede Park as part of this year’s High Performance Rodeo, Calgary’s International Festival of the Arts! Authentic masked Mexican wrestling, saucy striptease and comedy collide at Lucha VaVOOM, a non-stop, action-packed scream-a-thon where heroic técnicos battle evil rudos in Lucha Libre exhibition-style matches! Masked wrestlers flip and fly, performing breathtaking acrobatic feats, bringing the bizarre world of ’60s Mexican Lucha cinema to life. January 27 and 28 in the Big Four Building, with both shows starting at 8 p.m. Tickets for both shows are available through hprodeo.ca.
- NLL Lacrosse: The Calgary Roughnecks take on the Toronto Rock on Saturday, January 28 at 7 p.m. at the Scotiabank Saddledome. Tickets for this game are available through Ticketmaster.
Did you know that 2012 is the Calgary Stampede’s centennial? There will be festivities and other celebrations happening all over the place throughout the year to help celebrate 100 years of the Calgary Stampede and show why We’re Greatest Together, so make sure to sign up to become a Stampede Insider for first-access to exclusive news, contests and other insider information, and be sure to keep an eye on our official Twitter account at @calgarystampede and our official Facebook fan page for giveaways, special announcements, and more! Finally, make sure to visit our website and continue to tune into the official Stampede Blog to learn more about all of the things happening here on Park and beyond!